Ethos and Values
The Governors, Staff and Volunteers at Alderman Swindell Primary School and Nursery are committed to our vision of ‘SHAPING THE FUTURE THROUGH OUR CHILDREN’ by creating a safe, happy place where EVERYBODY can learn and achieve success. We appreciate the whole child and provide for their physical, mental, spiritual, moral, social, emotional and cultural learning and development.
Alderman Swindell Primary School and Nursery is a community school and nursery in Great Yarmouth North. It provides education for children from 3 -9 years currently, but will be increasing it’s Key Stage 2 provision annually until it provides a Y6 class from September 2018.
Opened in 1929 Alderman Swindell School has served the local community for over 80 years and this sense of continuity is one of the school’s many strengths. The school is continually adapting to provide an up-to-date education with the aim of developing confident, inquisitive and independent learners (both children and staff) who are;
- willing to learn by trying, by failing and succeeding
- able to express themselves with confidence
- able to receive and give feedback positively
- willing to stretch themselves and their thinking
- eager to make a positive contribution to their community
- committed to making a difference.